Math CCSS Vocabulary Resource

I went looking for CCSS math vocabulary resources this morning, and I really thought there would be a plethora. Not so much. I did find one amazing website, that is referenced quite often by other school districts’ websites. Why reinvent the wheel, right? The Granite School District in Salt Lake City has vocabulary lists, illustrated cards, and vocabulary development activities by grade level. It’s really an awesome resource. Check out pictures of some of their word wall cards:

If you know of other great vocabulary resources, be sure to comment and share!.

Wow! This is great! Thanks!

2. Jennifer Tilton

These are fantastic! You find the best stuff!

3. The Skinner 3

I found math vocabulary cards for K-2 on Anna Brantley’s tpt store. It includes math, rdg, and la vocabulary with pictures and examples.

4. The Skinner 3

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5. storrance1968

Thank you for sharing such a great resource!

Somebody put a LOT of effort into these!

6. KinderKarla

Wow! Love it! Thanks for sharing! Great stuff.

7. Jane

What a great resource! Thanks so much for sharing it.
    ~Jane
    [email protected]

8. Sara

Thanks for this resource! This is great! 🙂

~Sara~
    Ramblings of a Deaf Ed Teacher’s Mind…

9. meadowt

This is an awesome resource, thanks for sharing.
    Barbara
    happyteachingfirst.blogspot.com

10. Sherry Mack

This is just awesome….I have just spent over an hour and loving it!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!

I am looking for math vocab for 8th grade. I saw the secondary vocab but am trying to find it specifically for 8th grade. Any ideas?

12. Jennifer Harper CT FAC

I tried to use the link in the posting above, but it takes me to “Page Not Found”. Does anyone know what the correct link might be?

Thanks for letting me know, Jennifer! I found another link that works. Try it now. 🙂

13. Julie

Ok I love this but truly don’t want to print 120 pages. Has anyone seen anything that had just the third sectio with all three parts of the definition, picture and word but not section 1 or 2?

Can’t you just choose to print only the pages you want?

14. Megan Ause-Carlisle

Hi, this is a great resource, I direct the teacher I work with to it often. But I wanted to point out that it comes from Canyons School District, not Granite. Many of the lessons and other resources come from teachers who are working toward their Elementary Math endorsement.

The Canyons School District website actually credits Granite for the vocabulary cards, so that’s who I credited in the blog post.

15. Tracy

I am wondering about some of the terms used– especially at grade one. Why would children need to be exposed to the phrase additive identity property of zero? Surely we are not expecting 6 year olds to understand such terminology, are we? I do not have an issue with teaching the concept, but that one seems ridiculous. Where did these words actually come from?

I would just say use the ones that fit within your state’s or district’s guidelines. It’s a great resource, but obviously should be adapted to each teacher’s needs.

16. Tiffany

I see that the information from the website is no longer available….any other websites have the same information?

Thank you for letting me know! I have updated the link.

17. Alisa

The link is not working again…I see in past comments you have fixed it a few times. I don’t know if you can fix it again but if you can- thanks!

Thanks for letting me know! Updating it now. 🙂

Your email address will not be published.