Anchor Charts for Addition and Subtraction Strategies

Sssssssh!  Keisha doesn’t know that I sneaked into her room and took pictures of a bunch of her anchor charts while she was at lunch yesterday.  But she owed me, right? 🙂

Now, I just want to say that as pretty lovely stunning as Keisha’s anchor charts are, they also feature great math. Remember, it’s not just how about how the anchor charts look, but it’s what’s on them that counts.

1. Linda P

Love these! Exactly what we are doing right now. And, yes, the charts are STUNNING!

I know, right? I have anchor chart envy every time I walk in her room! Ha ha.

2. The Queen Bee

Thank you….I think I am going to make new charts to be as stunning!
    (even though you say it’s all about the content and not the product )
    ~Natalie

It’s definitely about both, which is why Keisha is a master! Ha ha. I can do the content, but I’m no good at the “stunning”!

3. Linda

Donna, your blog is such a treasure! These charts are amazing and perfect for what we’re doing!
    Do you recomend teaching these types of strategies before students learn the algorithm? I’m thinking also about with regrouping.
    Thanks so much for sharing!
    Linda
    AroundtheKampfire

4. Paula Rushia

I look forward to your posts. My second graders enjoy the games and activities you post. Thank you!

Thanks for the sweet comment, Paula!

Innovative ideas for kids to explore maths techniques.
    Awesome.