Me...By the Numbers, Math Activity - Math Coach's Corner

Me…By the Numbers, Math Activity

I’ve been mining Pinterest this summer, and I’ve found lots of great treasures! One pin that I posted to my Facebook page is currently at 431 shares and over 1,000 repins with no sign of slowing down. It’s a back-to-school math activity originally posted by middle school teacher Katrina at Live, Love, Teach. As I read all the comments regarding the idea, I could pictures tons of teachers out there making a template so they could do this little activity with their kiddos.  So…

Click here to grab yours.  Enjoy!!

You may also like…

Think-Write-Pair-Share

Think-Write-Pair-Share

Today I have a little twist on the Think-Pair-Share strategy. When using Think-Pair-Share, you pose a question to the...

1. Monica Marie McNichols

What a fun, easy BOY activity! Thanks 🙂

2. Danny Martin

I really liked your Number of Me. I remember when I was in 5t Grade I did this too..

3. Felicia M. Oliver

Thank you. I plan to use this with my new 6th grades at the start of the school year. This will be great to display.

• Ana

Thank you.

4. Andrea Hooks

Thank you Donna for another amazing post. I can imagine modifying this for Pre-K/K using pictures they can find or pre-cut pics…with parents assistance of course. Also, maybe modifying the spaces to maybe 4. This is a great “getting to know me” activity. Is there a template already created for younger students? If so…please let me know how I can obtain a copy. Thanks Again!

Andrea, so glad you like the activity! At this time, the template in the post is the only one I have. 🙂

5. Joanne

I used this with my undergraduate math methods class…they loved it. We discussed the benefits of using it in a classroom and that math is everywhere! Thank you for all your great ideas!

My pleasure, Joanne! Glad it was helpful! 🙂

6. Michelle Lehan

Thanks for sharing your template….saves me one more thing to do in the race to get ready for the beginning of the school year. Such a fun idea!

I really love this idea as well, but is there a brief overview of where students get the numbers or do they just make them up?? Thanks so much for making the template!!!

8. Jody C

Thank you! Loved it on Pinterest and now you’ve saved me some time making one myself! I hope you get some time to relax before going back to school again. 🙂

Donna, I’m trying to download the template, but it will not let me. Frustrated! Can you email it to me?
    Shanda Besson

What trouble are you having? When you click on the underlined “here”, it should take you right into the Google Doc. Are you getting some type of error message?

10. Letters and Numbers

Thank you for sharing this, I’m certain that this template will serve several purposes! Excited to use these this coming school year!

My pleasure!

11. Stephanie

Thanks so much for making and sharing this. I’ll be using this in a few weeks for my summer school students and again at the beginning of the year for my 3rd graders. Thanks again.

Stephanie
    PolkaDotPalace

So glad to hear it will be useful to you and your students, Stephanie!

12. Alicia Bullock

I love your posts on Facebook, how I found you. I just need to figure out a way to organize your blog posts with my curriculum map, any suggestions?

Welcome, Alicia! If you scroll to the bottom of this post, you’ll see an index called Find What You Need. Click on any of the words or phrases to bring up all the posts with that tag. Hope that will help a little!!

13. BonnieBowman

You are so awesome for sharing! I look forward to your posts everyday!

Thanks, Bonnie! I’m thankful for summer and a little more time to write, create, and share!

14. Lessons Learned

Thank you so much for this! A template was exactly what I thought about – how would my little incoming 2nd graders draw the lines and get their boxes! I could sense the frustration. I appreciate this.
    – Sydney
    Lessons Learned

• Anonymous

How could a get a blank copy of the one you did on the right side

Sydney, I know exactly what you mean!! I imagined that a lot of TEACHERS would be frustrated drawing the lines and boxes. Ha ha!