Setting the Stage
Before you can effectively teach students their basic facts or multi-digit computation or fractions, you need to show them what it means to be a mathematician. This module is all about creating a classroom culture that allows your students to flourish as mathematicians!
SETTING THE STAGE: CULTIVATING A THRIVING MATHEMATICAL CULTURE
- Who Are You as a Math Teacher? *NEW*
- Why is Mathematics Instruction Changing?
- Managing Your Classroom for Maximum Learning *NEW*
- The Mindset of a Mathematician
- Embracing Strength-Based Teaching
- The Role of Productive Struggle
- Fostering Mathematical Communication
- CRA: Building Blocks to Understanding
- CRA Two Truths and a Lie Quiz