3-5 Numeracy Academy
Proven strategies for helping students develop flexibility with numbers and increased number sense
This course is a step-by-step program designed to teach you a new way of thinking about and doing math. Watch your students’ understanding and engagement soar as you implement these new strategies. In no time, both you and your students will love math!
Registration period is limited!
I’ve been there, done that!
Your struggles are real! I know, because I had them, too. You have students who don’t understand numbers. Students who can’t reason mathematically and can’t see the patterns and relationships. You’re tired of patching together your own professional learning from books and blog posts. How would you like to have a comprehensive, step-by-step process for helping your students develop that elusive thing we call number sense? Read on, because I think you’re in the right place!
Is this course for you?
Before I dive into the details, you might be wondering if this course is right for you. So who are you?
You are on a quest to provide your students with the best possible math instruction. You’re hungry for new ideas and frustrated with the status quo. You are constantly seeking to improve and use best practices in your classroom. You embrace change.
You are a 3-5 teacher frustrated by your students’ lack of number sense. You know there has to be a better way to teach and reach your students.
You are an instructional coach looking for strategies you can share with your teachers to bring about systemic change on your campus.
You are an interventionist trying to understand and fill the gaps in your students’ math learning.
By the end of this course, you will…
- Have a blueprint for creating a supportive and safe mathematical culture in your classroom.
- Understand the vertical progression for developing whole number and fraction numeracy skills from 3rd through 5th grade.
- Have the tools to switch from rote memorization of basic facts to teaching with a strategy-based approach.
- Be ready to lead math talks in your classroom as your students share flexible strategies for multi-digit multiplication and division.
- Have strategies for teaching fraction concepts with deep understanding.
- Have ready-to-go activities to use in your classroom.
- Quite frankly, have a new enthusiasm and joy for teaching math!
A welcome from Donna
MODULE 1: SETTING THE STAGE
- Why is Mathematics Instruction Changing?
- The Mindset of a Mathematician
- Embracing Strength-Based Teaching
- The Role of Productive Struggle
- Fostering Mathematical Communication
- CRA: Building Blocks to Understanding
- CRA Two Truths and a Lie Quiz
MODULE 2: STRATEGIES FOR MULTIPLICATION AND DIVISION FACTS
- How and Why Has Basic Fact Instruction Changed?
- Structures for Multiplication and Division Problems
- Foundational Fact Sets
- Derived Fact Strategies
- Bonus: Open Middle Problems and Estimation 180
MODULE 3: BEFORE THE STANDARD ALGORITHM, MULTIPLICATION & DIVISON
- Developmental Steps Toward Procedural Fluency
- Invented Strategies for Multiplication
- Invented Strategies for Division
- Building Understanding for the Standard Algorithm: Multiplication
- Building Understanding for the Standard Algorithm: Division
- Bonus: Three Act Tasks and Would You Rather?
MODULE 4: STEPPING THROUGH THE FRACTION STANDARDS
- Fraction Fundamentals FREE PREVIEW LESSON
- Equivalent Fractions
- Comparing Fractions
- Computing with Fractions
- Bonus: Which One Doesn’t Belong? and Fraction Splat
A message from Donna
This is truly a comprehensive course with all the supports you need to be successful!
- Four modules with over 20 lessons
- Over six hours of pre-recorded video
- 100+ page, full-color downloadable Change Journal for taking notes, reflecting on your learning, and practicing new skills
- Downloadable PDF's and activities with nearly every lesson
- Four bonus lessons with implementation tips for each module
- A course completion certificate for 12 hours of professional learning
- LIFETIME ACCESS TO YOUR CONTENT!
new change journal!
100+ page downloadable journal for taking notes, reflecting on your learning, and practicing new skills.
You get all this for $175!
WCore program with LIFETIME access to all content and materials
- Four modules with over 20 lessons
- Downloadable Change Journal
- PDFs and activities in most modules
- Certificate of completion for 12 hours of PD
WAccess to members-only Facebook group
Learning is social! Collaborate with colleagues in our private community.
WSix BONUS resources valued at $35
Six FULL resources from my TPT store are downloadable from the modules! Valued at over $35.
WA bonus lesson for each module to help you with implementation
These lessons will be chock full of tips for implementation of the new learning in your classroom!
need both K-2 and 3-5 Content?
buy the bundle and save!
what are others saying?
Donna takes the best practices and helps educators understand them and the WHY behind them. To make it even more valuable she puts the perfect tools in your hands to go immediately and apply the very best practices into your classroom. She is always encouraging, supportive and has answered all my questions!
LCISD absolutely loves Donna Boucher! For about 2 years, we have had the great privilege of having Donna present in our district for our K-5 math teachers on various topics, such as Numeracy and Guided Math. Donna is a math mastermind! Her training sessions combine the perfect amount of instruction and engagement. Teachers walk away from Donna’s sessions excited and motivated. Her sessions have been invaluable for our teachers. It’s exciting to see the content from Donna’s sessions come to life in our district!
I have been attending Donna’s workshops for a while now, and I always look forward to her sessions. Her wealth of knowledge and delivery of content is interesting and so valuable to the classroom teacher. Donna’s expertise in math is valued and respected.
Backed by a Risk-Free 14-Day Guarantee
I KNOW this will be the right course for you! But, just in case you feel that it’s not, I offer a no-questions-asked refund policy.
Within the first 14 days, you will have access to Modules 1 & 2. If you don’t feel that the course is a good fit for you, I’ll happily refund your investment.
you’ve got questions, I’ve got answers!
Do you accept purchase orders for the course registration?
Yes! Email me directly at [email protected] and I’ll get you all set up.
Do you offer group discounts for multiple registrants from the same school or district?
Yes! Email me at [email protected] for more information.
What if I need both K-2 and 3-5 content?
I offer a bundle including both the K-2 and 3-5 course at a discount off registering for both separately. Click here for more information.
Is this course appropriate for parents who want to help their children at home?
Absolutely! Math instructional practices have changed dramatically since many parents were in school. This course will help you understand current practices better, which, in turn, will help you support your child.
Will I have immediate access to all the course materials?
Yes! As soon as you complete registration, you will have full access to all the modules.
Do I have to complete the modules within a given period of time? What if I can't or fall behind?
No problem at all! You can complete the modules at your own pace, because you have LIFETIME access to all of your course content and materials.
What if I need additional support with the course content?
That’s where the members-only Facebook group comes in! You’ll be part of an engaged, collaborative group where you can ask questions, seek suggestions for resources, and reflect on your learning.
Will I receive a certificate of completion?
Yes! When you finish the course, you will receive a certificate showing that you completed 12 hours of online learning.
let’s get started!
I’m so excited to work with you!
The instructional strategies I teach in this course transformed my classroom! I saw students who were excited for math time and blossomed as mathematicians. As an instructional coach, I watched teachers go from feeling scared and defeated about teaching math to feeling confident and successful. Let’s do this!