Fun aliens adorn the games in this unit and will lead your students toward a deeper understanding of multiplication.
Download the preview for a complete description of what is included and to read three pages of teacher notes.
• Capture 4 strategy based game featuring missing factors
• Stars and Groups card and board game reinforces the idea of multiplication as “groups of”
• Three spinner games for practicing multiplication facts in the context of related fact groups, for example, the 2s, 4s, and 8s
• Scoot game with multiplication represented as area models
• A themed multiplication/division chart
Common Core Alignment
3.OA.1–Interpret products of whole numbers, e.g., interpret 5 x 7 as the total number of objects in 5 groups of 7 objects each.
3.OA.4–Determine the unknown whole number in a multiplication or division equation relating three whole numbers.
3.OA.5–Apply properties of operations as strategies to multiply and divide.